Friday, August 3, 2012

More on the way...

Today I thought I would post a few screenshots of another project I have been working on in addition to the all the other pans I have in the fire. This one is actually nearing completion and should be released soon since I only have a few things to add to the texture.

Diffuse, Normal and AO rendered in Mental Ray

This particular car is a representation of the early FGE built, plate B, 50' RBLs. The plate B cars, from what I understand, were not quite as common as the later plate C cars (think Solid Gold). I do intend on releasing a version of the plate C cars later.

Normal Map

4 comments:

  1. Woah...

    That is a beauty. I will need to look up if SP used these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Unfortunately SP didn't roster any FGE equipment. Fruit Growers Express was actually formed by several eastern railroads as a counter to SP and UP's Pacific Fruit Express. I have seen several pics of the FGE cars on ATSF, UP and SP rails so you could definitely still run them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah OK.

    I will need to hit the books and see how far west they came.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen pictures of the SCL and N&W cars in Cali. I'm sure they got around pretty good.

      Delete